Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Clears her throat......

to try and soothe the burning she feels inside it. Thats right, she has been applying DE dust (the powder that kills them), which means she has been inhaling the dust and now her throat burns. She wore a mask but she guesses she still was inhaling the dust. Not good, not good, but neither is going insane as her family needs a sane wife, mommy, and daughter.

Ok, Third person ends now.

No more signs of the bugs but I am sooooo super paranoid. It sucks soooooo much. I am soooooo tired of all this. This is sooooooo unfair. And I read news that it will get worse before it gets better. Some estimate that in the next ten years, everyone will have had bedbugs at least once and it will no longer be a stigmatizing ordeal.

This may be wrong but I long for the chemicals of old that killed those bastards so efficiently. There has to be some way they can be used safely. I would rather have to live in a hotel for a week while the harsh chemicals dry thoroughly and pose no threat to me than have to be treated by the chemicals that we use now. Chemical, I might add, that are needed to sprayed two and three times before they actually kill the bugs for good.

And it is sooooo frustrating that it seems I know more than my PCO. And in Columbus, people are just not very knowledgeable yet, which means that our PCOs are not efficient. Most of the Bedbug forums say, "dont just self treat, find a knowledgeable PCO to treat your home". Well, what if there are no knowledgeable PCOs, then what. What are we suppose to do then?

And the bed encasements that trap bedbugs or stop them from nesting in your mattress are ridculously expensive!! On top of everything else it takes to kill them (and I remind you that I have spent more than $700 so far), these encasements cost at least $100 a whop. It would cost over $500 for me to properly incase all my mattresses. That is soooooooo unrealistic for poor families. What are they suppose to do, just live with them. I would like to know what is it about the technology of keeping bugs out that makes them have to charge you over $100 for one encasement. And if the technology is that expensive, why not give vouchers to poor folk who cant afford it.

Bottom line, it probably costs upward of at least $800 to get rid of these pests. My family is lucky we can fit the bill (good bye vacation) but what about others? Are they just suppose to get bit? Well, you know what? They get bit, their infestation continues to grow until guess what? The poor people's bed bugs spread to every one else's houses as well. And then, welcome to shelling out the $800 or more bucks again.

Man, this vent feels soooooo good.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment